Getting Your Air Conditioner Ready For The Okanagan Summer
Summer is here! Many of us are ready for warmer weather and some peaceful summer days. To enhance your comfort and truly relax, confirm your air conditioner is ready for the summer heat. One of the keys to a great summer in Kelowna is a dependable, efficient air conditioner.
While CE Plumbing & Heating consistently recommends staying current with annual preventive air conditioning service, we’ve got some tips to help keep your air conditioner functioning in the Okanagan heat.
Why leave your home to the hands of a sub-par HVAC contractor? Call CE Plumbing & Heating today at 250-707-8285 and see why we’re the A/C company Kelowna homeowners trust most.
Blunders to Avoid on Hot Okanagan Summer Days
- First, another chance to cite the golden rule of HVAC: Check your air filter routinely! Replace it in accordance with the manufacturer’s instructions.
- Take the cover off your air conditioning unit if it was covered for the cold season. Starting your air conditioner before removing the cover can severely damage it and lead to costly air conditioner service calls.
- Plants, leaves, tall grass and debris located close to your outside unit can lessen your AC’s functionality. Trim the grass, remove any debris and remove overgrowth that impedes on your unit before you start it this summer. be mindful to check the vicinity at least monthly to keep it unobstructed and maximize airflow through your air conditioner.
- To provide the best air quality and that your air conditioner is working efficiently, have your ducts cleaned regularly. It’s also a good idea to have your ducts inspected for leaks to make sure all that cooled air is going where you want it and not leaving through gaps.
- Consider putting in a programmable thermostat to help you manage the efficiency of your air conditioner.
- Check the slab your air conditioner unit rests on.
These straightforward steps can save you from additional air conditioning service and keep you cool and comfortable during the warmer weather. If you would like to schedule your annual air conditioner service, or if you want any more tips or ideas to help get your air conditioner ready for summer and keep it running steadily, call CE Plumbing & Heating in Kelowna and West Kelowna at (250) 707-8285 today.
4 Ways You Can Save on Energy Bills for Heating During Winter You may have set up thermostats in your home to ensure that your
How Often Should You Change Your Furnace’s Filter Your furnace is a crucial machine in your home because it gives you warmth, especially in the
What You Need To Know About Home Air Conditioners Can you imagine your home without an air conditioning system? You’re aware of climate change, and
Recognizing and Identifying Problematic Furnace Noises There are few things in life that are as annoying as the sound of a furnace that isn’t in
5 Tips to Keep Your Furnace Free From Carbon Monoxide Leaks While you should maintain your furnace throughout the year to ensure maximum efficiency, no
3 Tell-Tale Signs That Indicate It’s Time to Replace Your HVAC at Home The HVAC system is a crucial component that regulates the temperature, allowing
6 Tips to Prepare Your Plumbing for the Cold Season – Our Guide Not all households have to deal with chilly winters that cover every
What to Look for When Evaluating Your HVAC System’s Health Fall is the best season to give your home a thorough look. This includes checking
Working From Home? Here’s How to Stay Cool During the Summer Due to the ongoing COVID19 pandemic, more than 5 million Canadians transitioned to working from home.
Beat the Heat in Kelowna: How Central AC Systems Work The summer months can get heated here in Okanagan Valley! Is your home ready to beat